Vikki
Vikki
  • Levittown, NY

Potter's Table finally complete!

I've been working on this on & off a few weeks. I'd seen so many great examples here & on Pinterest and I had to make one for my new home! I looked at some plans online, but sort of winged it based on the size I wanted and the additional parts I already had. The basic table is mostly new, pretreated lumber--except the bottom shelf slats which are reused slats from my son's old Ikea bed I saved when we moved. The back piece is an original louver closet door from our 1948 home which we replaced & I saved. The sink is kept from when we remodeled the bathroom. It's hooked up to the hose with some adaptation and drains into the tub for reuse in the watering can (I need to buy a spigot & install to make that easy!) The side shelf, decorative accents, and hooks are all garage sale finds. All painted with exterior paint. We just celebrated 1 year in our first home & now we're ready to get our gardening on!!
potter s table finally complete, diy renovations projects, gardening, painting, repurposing upcycling

Vikki

• Kim Lunsford

I have a potting table similar to this. I was wondering what you used for the red countertop?

• Vikki

I used pressure treated wood painted with exterior grade paint.

• Valerie

This is gorgeous! I love the fact that you save the water, the shelves are fantastic, and the red counter top is the cherry on top! Well done, and hope you have years of joy using it!