Help! What are these lovely flowering plants?

+12
Having recently moved to our Little Cabin by the creek, I recently noticed these growing prolificlay on the banks of the Sweet little creek that runs behind our home. Seeing the thorns, I first thought I had somehow been blessed with Bougainvillea! But, as I am in Southern Missouri, I don’t believe it is that Stunning plant that I fell in love with in South Texas years ago.
The bees 🐝 see to Love πŸ’• them! Can someone please tell me what they are?
Thank you Fellow Home Talkers!
q help what are these lovely flowering plants
  • Your picture isn't definitive but it's some sort if legume, in the pea family. Is it a shrub, ground cover, tree?
  • Pat Russell Pat Russell on May 16, 2018
    It does look sort of like sweet peas, a vine, but it has been a long time since I had those on a fence. Will they climb/
  • LESLEY LESLEY on May 16, 2018
    looks like wild sweet peas

• Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on May 17, 2018
    I found it! It is in the sweet pea family, it's name is Robinia hispida, Bristly Locust, Standing sweet pea. Grows to 8 feet tall and has been planted for erosion control and in the northeast is planted along roadways as a snow break. I googled what looks like a sweet pea and has thorns. It's really pretty.
    • Bklyn Cowgirl Bklyn Cowgirl on May 17, 2018
      Yup! That's it. If the bees are loving it, consider yourself lucky. Bees, especially honey bees, have taken a hard hit the past few years.
  • Love the color! The bees really need this plant, need to get their numbers back up.
  • Barb Barb on May 18, 2018
    I believe they are Ground Nuts, an edible Legume. The "nuts" are potato like nodules growing at the roots. There are several varieties of Ground Nuts. Look them up and compare. At one time they were a favorite wild edible.
  • Peggy Peggy on May 18, 2018
    Robenia
  • Sus7887901 Sus7887901 on May 18, 2018
    Sweet peas
  • Polly Polly on May 21, 2018
    Bleeding heart there are a spring plant for partial shade
  • Mexican Heather? Cuphea? Or is it another plant with the same common name?
  • Mgw3624327 Mgw3624327 on May 29, 2018
    It's a locus and will eventually grow into a tree. VERY hard wood, often used throughout the south as fence posts.
  • Sandy Slade Sandy Slade on Oct 10, 2019

I would love to know what it was please. Thanks