Tiny Garden Solar Light

$0

Don't throw away those old solar lights! Broken or old solar lights are the perfect thing to house your succulents and decorate your garden or walkway!
tiny garden solar light
I used the old solar glass light we had in our yard. I had a few that weren't working so well anymore, so I went around my yard collecting them and laid them all out on a table.
tiny garden solar light
I only needed the glass cup part and the stake, so I took the top part off to use the rest for my project.
tiny garden solar light
I stuck the solar light stake into a milk crate to hold it steady, then put a few handfuls of soil into the cup. If you're planning on planting succulents, make sure that your soil is a dry, sandy mix. Succulents don't like to soak their roots.
tiny garden solar light
I transplanted some succulents and other plants I had in my yard and around my garden into the cups.
tiny garden solar light
I lined them up along my walkway along with a mix of different flowers and plants. This is a quick and very simple upcycle and it will really beautify your walkway.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 09, 2018 10:11 PM - More info

• Fun16413995

What about drainage?

• Dawn French

Hey Hey it's yours. :-) :-) plant any thing you like in it. My thought is maybe even a Annual you can Switch to some thing new each year. :-). I night a lil house from Dollar Tree to put in a planter week it Blew off the Table out side broke a bit of its diff.So i filed with dirt and put in 2 Dwarf Zinnas instead of getting rid of it. I AM a True Believer in Recycle./ UPCYCLE. THEY DEFF ARE STAYING LITTLE. LOL

• Sue Sanders

You said the succulants dont like a lot of water, so what happens when it rains and the glass bowls fill up with water.?

• Sheri Farley

I live in North Carolina would my succulents survive the winter I planted them in a cement bird bath and it would be extremely difficult to move!

• Dawn French

I live in Illinois then our Babies would Freeze to Death.lol. Rt nite they would Drown. We have had so much RAIN last couple weeks I put succulents iut last yr in full SUN and they CROAKED :(