Tiny Garden Solar Light

$0

Don't throw away those old solar lights! Broken or old solar lights are the perfect thing to house your succulents and decorate your garden or walkway!
tiny garden solar light
I used the old solar glass light we had in our yard. I had a few that weren't working so well anymore, so I went around my yard collecting them and laid them all out on a table.
tiny garden solar light
I only needed the glass cup part and the stake, so I took the top part off to use the rest for my project.
tiny garden solar light
I stuck the solar light stake into a milk crate to hold it steady, then put a few handfuls of soil into the cup. If you're planning on planting succulents, make sure that your soil is a dry, sandy mix. Succulents don't like to soak their roots.
tiny garden solar light
I transplanted some succulents and other plants I had in my yard and around my garden into the cups.
tiny garden solar light
I lined them up along my walkway along with a mix of different flowers and plants. This is a quick and very simple upcycle and it will really beautify your walkway.

• Fun16413995

What about drainage?

• Dawn French

Hey Hey it's yours. :-) :-) plant any thing you like in it. My thought is maybe even a Annual you can Switch to some thing new each year. :-). I night a lil house from Dollar Tree to put in a planter week it Blew off the Table out side broke a bit of its diff.So i filed with dirt and put in 2 Dwarf Zinnas instead of getting rid of it. I AM a True Believer in Recycle./ UPCYCLE. THEY DEFF ARE STAYING LITTLE. LOL

• Sue Sanders

You said the succulants dont like a lot of water, so what happens when it rains and the glass bowls fill up with water.?

• RICHARD ESSE

most solar globes are plastic, holes for light is already there

• Sheri Farley

I live in North Carolina would my succulents survive the winter I planted them in a cement bird bath and it would be extremely difficult to move!

• I'm in Mich. I have reg and mini hens and chicks. That come back every year. Brought some in the house last year and they all died. Either too much water or not enough.

• Eugenia Nikole

Yes

• Jenny

I’m one of the growing army of succulent lovers and am always looking for unusual pots for their ever increasing babies. This is brilliant and I’m definitely going around the garden pulling out the dead solars and upcycljng them for the babies. Thanks for sharing 🤗