Tiny Garden Solar Light

169K Views
Don't throw away those old solar lights! Broken or old solar lights are the perfect thing to house your succulents and decorate your garden or walkway!
Time: 30 MinutesCost: $0Difficulty: Easy
  • tiny garden solar light
I used the old solar glass light we had in our yard. I had a few that weren't working so well anymore, so I went around my yard collecting them and laid them all out on a table.
  • tiny garden solar light
I only needed the glass cup part and the stake, so I took the top part off to use the rest for my project.
  • tiny garden solar light
I stuck the solar light stake into a milk crate to hold it steady, then put a few handfuls of soil into the cup. If you're planning on planting succulents, make sure that your soil is a dry, sandy mix. Succulents don't like to soak their roots.
  • tiny garden solar light
I transplanted some succulents and other plants I had in my yard and around my garden into the cups.
  • tiny garden solar light
I lined them up along my walkway along with a mix of different flowers and plants. This is a quick and very simple upcycle and it will really beautify your walkway.

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of June 7, 2018 10:43 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.