Backyard Fire Pit

My husband and I decided to turn an unused corner of our backyard into a family-friendly area where fun memories (and food) are made by building our own backyard fire pit! We poured the cement, built up the sides, mortared the inside - waited for it all to dry and then striked up a match and roasted some hot dogs! After the cement pad was dry, it took us a couple hours to build up the sides of the pit and a
backyard fire pit, concrete masonry, diy, outdoor living
The finished product.
We built a cement pad and let it dry for a few days.
Then using bricks we found at Home Depot, we started to build. We overlapped the bricks so it would hold stronger and for appeal.
We also spread mortar around the entire inside.
This is perfect for our small children because the cannot trip and fall in and the bricks stay nice and cool so they can get close without getting burned.
Amanda Jones

• Ashley Farnworth

Thank you so much! I wonder if they changed the brick, because there is no detail on sides of brick, only on the front. So the corners will look strange.

• Brenen Dukeman

I'm not sure if they changed it or if they have another one in stock. You can go online and find it and order it to the store. You may be able to find one you like better. My pleasure in helping though.