Backyard Fire Pit

My husband and I decided to turn an unused corner of our backyard into a family-friendly area where fun memories (and food) are made by building our own backyard fire pit! We poured the cement, built up the sides, mortared the inside - waited for it all to dry and then striked up a match and roasted some hot dogs! After the cement pad was dry, it took us a couple hours to build up the sides of the pit and a few days later we were enjoying a nice fire on a cool summer evening. Gathering around the pit is one of our favorite summer activities.
The finished product.
We built a cement pad and let it dry for a few days.
Then using bricks we found at Home Depot, we started to build. We overlapped the bricks so it would hold stronger and for appeal.
We also spread mortar around the entire inside.
This is perfect for our small children because the cannot trip and fall in and the bricks stay nice and cool so they can get close without getting burned.

Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Amanda Jones

• Dawn
    Dawn

How do you create air vents on the bottom in order to get oxygen under the fire so it will burn and not just smoke

• Manya
    Manya

What are the dimensions of the cement pad?

• Brenen Dukeman
    Brenen Dukeman

I'm not sure if they changed it or if they have another one in stock. You can go online and find it and order it to the store. You may be able to find one you like better. My pleasure in helping though.

• Chay Terry
    Chay Terry

Good job on the pit. Hope you use it year round.........