Kick Board colour-No paint to match- any suggestions?

+8
Worker suggested brushed steel colou. I don’t think it matche.
q kick board colour no paint to match cpds
Cupboards are green/blue what colour should kick boards be. New bench top will be colour in photo
Bench top colour
  • Gabrielle Falk Gabrielle Falk on May 17, 2018
    You will obviously need a very durable paint. As the kick-boards get knocked every day. What is the colour of your bench tops? Maybe you could purchase a paint that would compliment the bench tops? There are products at the hardware shop that actually adhere to the kick-boards. Like sticky tape. You just roll the product out, and do whatever you have to do to make it stick, and just trim to the appropriate size. I had that done when I had my kitchen renovated years ago. It gave the appearance of 'brushed steel'. That colour goes with everything. Just check with your local hardware store. The silvery grey/brushed steel colour would go with everything. Being a fairly non-descript colour.

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on May 17, 2018
    CAn you paint it to resemble the baseboard in the other areas of the room?
  • Marlene Haigh Marlene Haigh on May 17, 2018
    pain them black. they will disappear
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on May 17, 2018
    I agree with Marlene..mine are black and a little higher than yours. Looks fine.
  • C C on May 17, 2018
    Take the draw to a paint store. They can analyze the color and give to a custom matching paint.
  • Prelude Prelude on May 17, 2018
    I like the look without kick boards. But then again, that is not everyone's taste. I think a metal finish of some sort would look attractive. They have very thin metal that could be cut down and applied to a plain wood kick board. Perhaps a textured metal.

• William William on May 21, 2018
    Most kick boards on cabinets are black. They disappear, show very little dirt and scuff marks. Any other color than black or cabinet color will draw the eye to the kick boards.
    • Tan33437722 Tan33437722 on May 21, 2018
      Thanks William I now have so many choices I will have to pick one and hope for the best.
  • Sandy Sandy on May 21, 2018
    black
  • Dee Dee on May 21, 2018
    I glued subway tiles on my kick boards makes it very easy to clean. They come in several colors.
  • Deb K Deb K on Jun 02, 2018
    Very dark gray or black should make them barely visible, i would say dark gray to match the flooring