Easy Copper Pipe Curtain Rods

$15

Love the look of copper and want to make easy, inexpensive curtain rods? You can do it with COPPER PIPES. No, really! Copper pipes are plentiful and pretty, and make great curtains rods for any size window.

View the full tutorial with more photos at https://jennifermaker.com/diy-copper-pipe-curtain-rods/
All you really need for this is some hard copper pipe (1/2"), and some copper bell hangers and copper caps. These are all normally used for plumbing, so you can find them in your local home improvement store, or just upcycle some old copper pipes!
Start by cutting your pipe to the size of your window PLUS at least four extra inches (you can go a little longer than this if you want your rod to extend beyond the edges of your window even more). We used our saw, but you could just use a pipe cutter.
Start by cleaning and polishing the copper pipe. Mine had some ink on it to indicate the size and quality. Acetone took the ink right off and polished it at the same time.
Put the caps on the end of your cut and cleaned rod. They may go right on, but make sure they are well seated by hammering them down.
Using a ruler and a level, mark your wall where you want your copper curtain rod to be attached.
Attach the copper bell hangers on your wall with the screws.
Put your copper rod into the bell hangers and slide your curtain rings onto it. We got these curtain rings from Amazon at https://amzn.to/2Is3uq3
Close and secure the bell hanger.
Attach your curtain to your curtain rings!
Admire your beautiful new copper curtain rod!
This was a super easy and fun project, and I love the cheerful look of the copper in my room.

Jennifer Maker

• Joyce Walker

Do you have any ideas for a family getting together (14 total--ages 10 months, 2,4,5,7 plus 8 adults) Staying in a cabin. how to assign rooms with names on the doors, Themes for evening meals, games to play.

• Robyn Garner

I agree that you should post this as your own question to get more answers. Aside from that, you can google things such as summer camp activities, multigenerational summer activities, etc.

As for meals, you could work off something such as they do on cruise ships with "themes" for dinners.

• Dee

I used this hardware when I needed to hang curtains from the ceiling. Worked great.

• Sandra Ross Warren

So this is hung on a wall and not over a window? Is there a reason for that?

• Sandra Ross Warren

I was asking because I see NO window at all in your post so I thought you were just hanging a curtain into a random wall (Not near a window). I know why rods are extended further out on the sides of windows most of us do this. I just saw no window in your post.

• Amanda

Looks nice, but $15 is underpriced by atleast half, even using the affiliate links.

: /

Hometalk is losing credibility at a fast alarming rate.

• Barb in Texas

The affiliate leads are for anyone, anywhere who has access to Amazon to find things. That does not make them the least expensive source. Don't complain, shop around locally and find the best prices for your situation.

• Leslie

Amanda, your best bet for locating supplies is to Google for them instead of using Hometalk. The sources will always go to Amazon. I think they use that because Amazon may be an affiliate. It also is a good starting point to find the correct name for an item. I bet there is a HD or Lowes near you or similar stores. You can also try Ebay. The internet is a wonderful source / information place :)