Easy Copper Pipe Curtain Rods

$15

Love the look of copper and want to make easy, inexpensive curtain rods? You can do it with COPPER PIPES. No, really! Copper pipes are plentiful and pretty, and make great curtains rods for any size window.

View the full tutorial with more photos at https://jennifermaker.com/diy-copper-pipe-curtain-rods/
easy copper pipe curtain rods
All you really need for this is some hard copper pipe (1/2"), and some copper bell hangers and copper caps. These are all normally used for plumbing, so you can find them in your local home improvement store, or just upcycle some old copper pipes!
easy copper pipe curtain rods
Start by cutting your pipe to the size of your window PLUS at least four extra inches (you can go a little longer than this if you want your rod to extend beyond the edges of your window even more). We used our saw, but you could just use a pipe cutter.
easy copper pipe curtain rods
Start by cleaning and polishing the copper pipe. Mine had some ink on it to indicate the size and quality. Acetone took the ink right off and polished it at the same time.
easy copper pipe curtain rods
Put the caps on the end of your cut and cleaned rod. They may go right on, but make sure they are well seated by hammering them down.
easy copper pipe curtain rods
Using a ruler and a level, mark your wall where you want your copper curtain rod to be attached.
easy copper pipe curtain rods
Attach the copper bell hangers on your wall with the screws.
easy copper pipe curtain rods
Put your copper rod into the bell hangers and slide your curtain rings onto it. We got these curtain rings from Amazon at https://amzn.to/2Is3uq3
easy copper pipe curtain rods
Close and secure the bell hanger.
easy copper pipe curtain rods
Attach your curtain to your curtain rings!
easy copper pipe curtain rods
Admire your beautiful new copper curtain rod!
easy copper pipe curtain rods
This was a super easy and fun project, and I love the cheerful look of the copper in my room.
Jennifer Maker

• Debbie

that is cute. my kitchen I spray painted my rods to look like cooper.but yours are much cuter

• Deb Phillips

Ignore the naysayers. I LOVE this! Only thing is, I lack of proper tools... maybe my Lowe’s guy can cut it for me. I just bought a new/old 1949 remodeled beach cottage & these copper rods will look great!