DIY Wood Plank Wall With Chalk Paint®

$250

Ever since my husband I moved into our home we’ve been on a mission to make every space our own. We started in the dining room, moved into the living room; remodel our bathroom, and has now started tackling the master bedroom. For this space, we needed something big, something with a lot of character. After pondering my options I knew I needed an accent wall. Our home is being transformed with an industrial farmhouse vibe, so a wood plank wall would fit perfectly.

Watch the video above to learn how my husband and I made this beautiful wood plank wall. This tutorial will also show you how I used Chalk Paint® to give the new wood a weathered wood look. You could always just follow this step-by-step guide.

We used new untreated 5/8" x 5-1/2" x 8' cedar boards from the hardware store. We acclimated the wood in our garage for about a week. After this period my husband plane the wood.

He cut the wood planks in three different lengths, 2', 4' and 6'

I painted the wood with Chalk Paint® in Old White, Graphite and Coco to give a weathered wood look.

When the boards were dry I arranged them in a pseudo brick pattern on the floor to my liking, making it easy to translate my vision onto the wall.

Mark the studs with a pencil before nailing the boards. This made it simple to know where to nail. We start placing the board front the top. 

This assures me the first row is going to be a whole board.

If you have a light colored wall, I recommend painting it a darker color; we used gray. The darker color will help hide gaps and imperfections in the boards.

While we love our custom built wall, there are easier ways to do this. One of the major reasons we went full custom was we didn’t want to spend a couple thousand dollars on this wall. Some of the pre-made materials are expensive and that was simply not in the budget. Yes, going custom is time-consuming but it cost’s a fraction of the pre-made cost. Our master bedroom looks like a million bucks but it didn’t cost that much to make it

I hope you like this DIY. Don’t forget to visit my blog, subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on my social media, see you soon chau chau!

You may also like this blog post http://www.hometalk.com/39381580/diy-window-b...

3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!

To see more: https://avantimorocha.com/diy-wood-plank-wall/