DIY Auto Care Pegboard

$25

Keeping my car care supplies neat & tidy is easy thanks to this DIY Auto Care Pegboard Organizer. It took only 30 minutes to install and it will serve me well for a long time. Now I can see all my car care supplies at a glance.
First, select a blank wall to install the pegboard. I found a great spot in our garage right next to some hooks, where we hang lawn equipment. Use the mounting holes in the pegboard as a template to pre-drill some pilot holes. 
TIP: For maximum support, position the pegboard so that the screws will insert into wall studs. Otherwise, use heavy-duty anchors. 
Now it’s time to fill up the pegboard with all my car care goodies! Here are the items I want to store:

• Motor Oil
  • Microfiber Cloths: perfect for cleaning the car, tires, etc.
  • Squeegee: ideal for cleaning windows
  • Dashboard Wipes: useful for refreshing the interior console
  • Scratch Remover: smart for taking care of minor nicks, scraches, etc.
Position them on the pegboard so that you will be able to hang all your car care items.

Hang everything up! Admire your work. Now this is much better than throwing everything inside a big bucket, am I right? Now I can see everything at a glance! I hope this inspired you to create your own pegboard wall in your garage. For more tips & inspiration, visit the blog.

Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
EngineerMommy

• Hazel Schafer
    Hazel Schafer

what was used for spacers?

• Janet
      Janet

ifthey are not built in you can use small blocks of wood. My garage has peg boards that were here when we moved in 30 yrs ago and I see there are wood blocks on the back.

• Chris Gallo
    Chris Gallo

We have been using pegboard in our garages for years. You can buy discontinued paneling that stores like Lowe's and Home Depot pre-drill for pegboard.

• Parm
    Parm

Pegboards work well for sewing notions and other craft supplies