Before and After Painted Dresser

$65

I started out with an old, tired dresser that was desperate for some love and an updated look. This is how she turned out!

If you're in the Houston area, you can Team Up with me to get this look on a piece of your furniture, or to makeover any piece of furniture. Click here to go to my profile page and send me a message to get started!

Here's my Before picture. This dresser has great bones and a timeless design. I purposefully look for these type of dresser as they make great entry pieces, changing tables, serving buffets, TV stands, etc.

Here is one of the After pictures.

I selected Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the color of Aubusson Blue. This color is very versatile and quite popular right now because it is a grey-blue and give a nice, soft blend of color to any palette.

I applied a rough coat of Aubusson Blue to the entire piece and allowed it to dry overnight.

For the top I selected a stencil and applied it with a roller in a very broken, distressed pattern. This is easy to do and creates a custom, unexpected accent.

Here you can see the contrast between the framework of the dresser and the drawers. After allowing the base coat of Aubusson Blue to dry well overnight I then applied a wash (watered down) coat of Paris Grey, another fabulous color from the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint collection.

Once the paint was entirely dry I lightly distressed the edges to pull through just a subtle amount of the original stained finish and then applied a light coat of Annie Sloan Clear Soft Wax and then buffed to a soft sheen.

This was an easy project and with a little instruction anyone can do this!

If you're in the Houston area, you can Team Up with me to get this look on a piece of your furniture, or to makeover any piece of furniture.  Click here to go to my profile page and send me a message to get started!

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Wax and brushes

• Scarlett Butler

I know I speak for many when I say:

1. What a beautiful dresser makeover, and
    2. Where on earth did you find that artwork? Did you paint it yourself? Wow!!!
  • Fea11705850

Did you sand the old paint off, first?

• Debbie Miller

No sanding is ever required before using chalk paint, which is why it’s so easy to use!

• Vicki Wright

I love this it looks beautiful. I have a dresser I have been wanting to try this on. I am just a little scared because this would be my first time to try it. I think I can do this. Any suggestions?

• Rhonda

You absolutely can do it! I’d love to help get you started! I can offer you a virtual consultation and provide you with all the information you need including a supply list and a detailed step by step plan to help you get your dresser painted. Go to my Team Up link and book an hour with me. Let’s get it done!

Happy Painting!

• I have a similar dresser with grayish granite top! It’s in a somewhat distressed black color by so much moving and banging around! Thanks for your post!

• Rhonda

You can do it, Debbie! If you need further help please book a DIY session with me and I can help you with either a phone call or a video conference. I'd be happy to help you love your dresser again!

Blessings,

Rhonda M