Quick and Easy Solar Lights

$21

I am a solar light addict, I have them throughout my yard and I love creating my own, this season is no different. I spotted these things called flower collars at my Dollar Store, I personally have never heard of a flower collar but I knew it would make a great shell for my solar light bulbs I already had.
quick and easy solar lights
First step is to purchase your flower collars. They come in two sizes and a multiple of colors. I chose the copper colored ones. I also bought these solar lights from Walmart that look like light bulbs. They come 6 in a box for $14.00.
quick and easy solar lights
Take your collar out of the package, holding one end gently start pulling it open with your other hand and start to shape into a ball. If some of the wire starts to fall out of place just pinch it to another piece to keep together.You are going to leave an opening at the top for your light to go in.
quick and easy solar lights
So here is what it should look like when shaped.
quick and easy solar lights
So once shaped into a ball you are going to put your solar light in the middle and pinch the wire to close the opening.
quick and easy solar lights
Now it is time to hang them. I made two of these. I used a small piece of wire to secure them to my shepherd's hook.
quick and easy solar lights
Here is what they look like. I love them. They remind me of bee hives!
quick and easy solar lights
Here they are lit up at night.