Smores Bar!

700 Views
Now that summer is well on its way, what a better way to spend your evening, or afternoon....or heck, even morning (for those big time Smores lovers!) Than roasting marshmallows and making Smores?!

**the materials and cost are for 2 boxes. I was making one for my place and 1 as a gift :)
Time: 2 HoursCost: $70Difficulty: Easy
  • smores bar
Step 1- gather your materials. For mine I used plywood/pressbord for the bottom and I can't remember what the longer boards are.
I had the guy at home depot cut them for me as I don't have any power tools ;)
I also got 3/4 inch finishing nails (without the heads) 2 little cans of stain, a sanding block, hammer and a couple paint sponges (although brushes would have been better) and I originally got 8 bags of river rocks and 4 bags of gemstones but had to go get 8 more bags of river rock and 2 more gem stones. So 16 bags of river rock and 6 gemstone bags (if you're only making one you only need 1 can of stain and 8 and 4 bags of stones though. I made 2 boxes)
Also need burners. I'm not really sure what they're called
  • smores bar
Step 2- sand down the ends/edges of all the wood
  • smores bar
Step 3- pop the top off your stain and start painting. For 2 boxes I used 1 full can and a little out of the second can
  • smores bar
  • smores bar
  • smores bar
Because it was so nice out we ended up moving outside to finish the painting
  • smores bar
Step 4- nail the sides/ends to the bottom. The nails I got weren't long enough to nail the sides to the ends so I only nailed through the bottom into the sides and ends. You can get longer nails to secure the ends/sides together
  • smores bar
Here's what they should look like after they are painted and nailed together (I left a little lip on the end so the stick used to roast marshmallows can lay on it
  • smores bar
Next you'll need to get your stones and burners
  • smores bar
I put 3 burners in each before adding the rocks to see where I wanted them to sit. Take them out to add river rock and gem stones
  • smores bar
Once you've added the river rock and gem stones put the burners back in
  • smores bar
  • smores bar
Here they are ready to roast some mallows!! :)

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 15, 2018 10:29 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Ask a Question
    • Wendy
      Wendy Northfield, OH

Oh how fun!! I love this idea!

• Cheryl Gillman
          Cheryl Gillman Canada

Thanks Wendy! :)

On those nights you have a sweet tooth and want something gooey but don't feel like lighting a bon fire this makes it SO much easier!

And for younger children aswell it makes it easier for them to roast their own marshmallows without getting too close to a fire! (Still need adult supervision though when using this :) obviously lol)

• Hillela G.
          Hillela G.

Perfect for the summer!!