Smores Bar!

$70

Now that summer is well on its way, what a better way to spend your evening, or afternoon....or heck, even morning (for those big time Smores lovers!) Than roasting marshmallows and making Smores?!

**the materials and cost are for 2 boxes. I was making one for my place and 1 as a gift :)
smores bar
Step 1- gather your materials. For mine I used plywood/pressbord for the bottom and I can't remember what the longer boards are.
I had the guy at home depot cut them for me as I don't have any power tools ;)
I also got 3/4 inch finishing nails (without the heads) 2 little cans of stain, a sanding block, hammer and a couple paint sponges (although brushes would have been better) and I originally got 8 bags of river rocks and 4 bags of gemstones but had to go get 8 more bags of river rock and 2 more gem stones. So 16 bags of river rock and 6 gemstone bags (if you're only making one you only need 1 can of stain and 8 and 4 bags of stones though. I made 2 boxes)
Also need burners. I'm not really sure what they're called
smores bar
Step 2- sand down the ends/edges of all the wood
smores bar
Step 3- pop the top off your stain and start painting. For 2 boxes I used 1 full can and a little out of the second can
smores bar
smores bar
smores bar
Because it was so nice out we ended up moving outside to finish the painting
smores bar
Step 4- nail the sides/ends to the bottom. The nails I got weren't long enough to nail the sides to the ends so I only nailed through the bottom into the sides and ends. You can get longer nails to secure the ends/sides together
smores bar
Here's what they should look like after they are painted and nailed together (I left a little lip on the end so the stick used to roast marshmallows can lay on it
smores bar
Next you'll need to get your stones and burners
smores bar
I put 3 burners in each before adding the rocks to see where I wanted them to sit. Take them out to add river rock and gem stones
smores bar
Once you've added the river rock and gem stones put the burners back in
smores bar
smores bar
Here they are ready to roast some mallows!! :)
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 01, 2018 11:41 PM - More info

• Rhonda Bartee

What sort of fuel do the burners use? Do the marshmallows taste funny, like fuel when done?

• Cheryl Gillman

No problem! :)

They are so great especially if you don't have or can't have a fire pit and for small patios/spaces! And even if you just don't want to have a fire but want Smores or it doesn't even have to be just for Smores you could put citronella candles in it aswell for outdoor gatherings, there's lots of different ways you can use these :)