PLEASE tell me how to get rid of squirrels and chipmunks in my garden.

+5
These critters go to the root of my plants. So frustrating and costly.

• Betsy Betsy on May 20, 2018
    You can make a mixture of 16 oz of water and a bottle of Oil of Clove or Clove Oil, same thing, in a spray bottle. Mix it well and spray it around your plants. It smells nice, but tastes horrible. It's non-toxic, so it won't hurt anything or any one. You can buy the oil at any candy making store or your local grocery store may carry it. It's about 2 inches tall and only costs a couple of bucks. Also, try feeding the squirrels in another area. Good luck!
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on May 20, 2018
    Plant Garlic Plants.......
  • Betsy Betsy on May 21, 2018
    You're welcome. You may have to reapply after a rain.
  • Betsy Betsy on Sep 23, 2018

Hi Cindy: Basically, you can't. Feed them somewhere else, and remember, everything needs to eat, so if you can, learn to enjoy the little buggers. I will say that they climb up my peach trees and throw peaches at me, but that's only when I forget to put something out for them:) If they are chewing on your wiring, spray it with a mixture of 3/4 water and 1/4 oil of clove (you can get it in the candy making section of the store, it's a bottle about 2 1/2 inches high and only costs a couple of bucks). Put this in a spray bottle and spray whatever you don't want chewed or clawed. Works for cats and dogs, too. Won't harm them, smells great, tastes terrible:( Good luck

• Get a bag of blood meal from the nursery, spread through garden. The squirrels don't like blood smell at all and it also is a mild fertilizer