How To Make a DIY Tufted Headboard for Under $150

I fell in love with a gorgeous Tall Headboard from Pottery Barn priced at $899. I loved the headboard...didn't love the price! A DIY was definitely in order...Using simple supplies and a little bit of work, I created a beautiful PB knockoff Headboard for under $150. The complete tutorial can be found at houseontheway.com.
how to make a diy tufted headboard for under 150, bedroom ideas, diy, home decor, how to, reupholster, woodworking projects
My DIY Tufted Headboard is a great PB knockoff at about 1/6 of the price!
The base of my headboard is a sheet of plywood, cut to the width of my mattress. Using some calculations, I marked where the buttons would be on the headboard.
After attaching the 2" foam, I used my drilled holes to mark the button holes. I cut away a small amount of foam to allow the buttons to be pulled tight, creating the tufts.
Over the foam, I wrapped batting and stapled it to the back of the plywood.
I created fabric covered buttons and used them to create the tufts.
Once all the tufts were made, the fabric was pulled over the plywood and stapled.
DIY Tufted Fabric Covered Headboard made for under $150.00.
House on the Way - Leslie

• Cat

Did you attach the headboard to the bed or wall?

• Kelly Kinney

How did you hang this on your wall? I have a headboard I made using a 6 foot by 3 foot frame which use to have a mirror in it. The mirror had broke so Hobby Lobby sold it to me for $20. Only problem is it is so heavy. Just wondering what you used to hang yours. Thanks! By the way, your headboard turned out BEAUTIFUL!

• Thank you @Kelly Kinney. I used french cleats to hang it. I got them at Lowe's. They have two sizes. The large cleats hold up to 200lbs. I share the exact ones I used in my post over on the blog.

• Key12686624

Great idea, will try ,