Knockoff West Elm Emmerson Dining Table

$120

I was in love with the West Elm Emmerson Dining Table, the pallet wood, the bulky legs and top...then I saw the price tag! Gulp! I knew there had to be a cheaper way, and there was! I built this knockoff dining table for a tenth of the price of West Elm's version! Woohoo!

Get the full plans here for the Knockoff West Elm Emmerson Dining Table on my blog!

knockoff west elm emmerson dining table
To get started I must let you know that typically I am an avid builder with my little ol' Kreg Jig and pocket holes are my best friend, but on this project I learned a couple new skills that had me feeling like a real builder! LoL! So the tutorial is a little more in depth than my typical tutorials and uses a few more tools than I typically use!

Material list, cut list and in depth tutorial are in the post linked above!

knockoff west elm emmerson dining table
Gather 4x4s and plane them for a nice level top! Glue them up, if planed no need for anything other than glue, if you don't have a plane, the Kreg Jig HD works great for attaching 4x4s!
knockoff west elm emmerson dining table
I didn't clamp on top as well as on bottom so they bowed a little on top! Nothing a fancy hand plane couldn't get rid of though!

Glue up the legs, cutting out the slot for the stretcher to fit. I used a table saw to cut the slot on each board before attaching.
knockoff west elm emmerson dining table
Create the stretcher and make a 'key' to hold the table together!
knockoff west elm emmerson dining table
knockoff west elm emmerson dining table
Time to create a space to place the 'key'! Drill press and chisels make light work of this!
knockoff west elm emmerson dining table
Hammer that key down in there and see if all your hard work pays off!
knockoff west elm emmerson dining table
Woot woot! Place the top on the base and attach! Finish in any way you choose! I included a post for the faux pallet wood tutorial on my blog!
knockoff west elm emmerson dining table
knockoff west elm emmerson dining table
I even built a matching bench to go along with the table! Get the plans for it here West Elm Emmerson Dining Bench!

Thank you for checking out my table build! If you build one for yourself I would LOVE to see it!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of June 18, 2018 11:29 AM - More info
Build It Craft It Love It