Mandala Mosaic Table and Chair Project

$100
3 Weeks

I started with finding 4 small little chairs to go with an unfinished 36" round table. I then placed Mexican fabric I brought up from Mazatalan, Mx. and placed the fabric with new padding on each chair. Then, I found a Mandala pattern that I created. I bought Mexican tile to use on the mosaic on the top of the table. I painted the entire table and chairs and bought a glass top for the table to protect the mosaic art work.
To make the Mandala, I needed to use a tile nipper and cut each tile into the pieces I needed and laid them all down into my pattern.
I then used cement purchased for tile work and made up the cement as I went along. This part of the project took more time. You need to use a soft cloth and washed off the wet cement from the top of the tiles. I used an old toothbrush to scrub away difficult pieces of cement if dried to quickly.
Once completed, more time was taken with glass cleaner to make sure there was no film of the cement was on the tiles. Very important process step. I then used varnish to paint 3 coats on top of this project to seal the table from any thing wet that could get on it.
Once chairs were reupholstered, mosaic placed on table, sealer (varnish) painted on, I then bought a bright orange/red with high sheen. The total cost of this project was right around $100. I love all forms of art work and had fun working on this project and feel proud of the art work I accomplished.

3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters