Master Mirror Make-over.

$150
3 Weeks

I disliked the large dated builder grade mirror (8 feet long). I am a single gal so the thought of trying to take it down was not an option. I also wanted to remove the mirrored medicine cabinets on either side of the big mirror. Here is the before photo.
Next I took out the medicine cabinets, insulated the left side that was on an outside wall as there was none. I covered the space with bead board, trimmed it out and painted it the same as the walls. The toilet room to the right has been redone with bead board wainscoting.
I brought in the wood medicine cabinet that I purchased at Lowe's for $79 and set it up on chimney bricks so I could anchor it to the wall at the right height. I used "L" brackets and bolts with washer nuts.
Then I framed out the mirror on either side of the cabinet with 1/4"x4" cedar boards and glued it to the mirror with Loctite Go2Glue, and sealed the wood with satin polyurethane.
I found wrought iron candle sconces on Amazon and towel bars at Lowe's that hang on the lip of the cabinet. I painted the lower vanity with Behr Marquee with "Havanna Coffee", semi-gloss.
I love it ~ don't you??

• Medicine cabinet $79, towel bars.  (Lowe's)
  • Candle sconces.  (Amazon)
  • Cedar boards that I had.  (Up in my rafters of the garage.)

Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper

• Michelle

How did you get the wood to sit flat on the mirror with the slightly raised hooks that anchor it to the wall?

• Sammy

Thank you for sharing this I was trying to figure out how to put a cabinet over the mirror in the space between my two sinks, but how did you cover the mirror under the cabinet?

• Carol Fisher

I'm hoping to do the same thing! I LOVE how you disguised that basic mirror that everybody hates. But I have to get a new counter top with two sinks, not one in the middle.

• Lu Ann Hughes

I have two sinks. The cabinet sits in the middle.