Hall Table Painted in Rustoleum Chalk Paint - Sage Green

$45

This piece of furniture was painted for a customer's Hallway. She wanted it updating and given a new look. When I asked her about what colour she would prefer etc. - she said she didn't mind and she was going away on holiday and she said 'surprise me' - sometimes this can work out and sometimes not - although I've never done anything 'to-date' that a customer didn't like. Thank goodness. But... then, I

hall table painted in rustoleum chalk paint sage green
First of all I gave this piece a slight sanding - it did not need hardly any sanding as it was in very good condition
hall table painted in rustoleum chalk paint sage green, Close up of the drawers
Close up of the drawers
I applied 2 coats of the Rustoleum Chalk Paint in Sage Green all over the table and the drawers. Some people tend to leave the drawers in when painting, but I always take them out as I find it so much easier to work with. I left this overnight to dry completely.

When using Chalk Paint I personally like to add small amounts of water.  As all Chalk Paints I have used are rather thick and when it is watered down it flows much easier and personally it looks and feels better.  Just go sparingly with the water, as you don't want to go too overboard with it - so add little by little. You can always add but you can't take out!!  It is much preferable to have two thin coats than one thick!

Although, after saying that I do find Rustoleum Chalk paint is not as thick as Annie Sloan's and find this paint easier and more pliable to work with.
I had been looking for some coloured waxes. Not your Dark and Clear Waxes that you see lots of people using with Chalk Paint. I was looking for a gold or bronze or something similar - I wanted something different to the 'norm' and thought perhaps I could try this and see how I go.  Anyway, needless to say I found some it's made by Liberon and I bought a gold/bronze colour. See below details of where you can purchase some.
I used this wax all over the table except the drawers as again, I wanted something different. I put the wax on with a soft lint-free cloth i.e. an old T-Shirt of hubbies. This wax is very soft not like most waxes that are on the market and is very easy and workable - so you don't need much on your cloth. Use it sparingly. When putting the wax on you need to go with the 'grain' of the wood.

Once you have put the wax on leave for about half an hour, then polish it up with a clean lint-free cloth and it will give your furniture a nice sheen.

On the drawers to protect them I used 2 coats of Polyvine Furniture Varnish in Satin finish. Again, you will see details of where to buy further down.
A close-up of the drawer detail - I love this little 'key' tassle

And..... a few 'After' photos for you to browse
If you would like to see more photos etc. then please visit my website
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 15, 2018 10:20 PM - More info