I used an inexpensive form brush on this stain. How to remove it

+6
q i used an inexpensive form brush on this stain how to remove it
  • 2dogal 2dogal on May 22, 2018
    It looks like you will need to strip or sand all the stain off. Stain does not go on the same way as paint and people need to practice first.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on May 22, 2018
    sanding it will take it back to the raw wood, or at the very least, get the thick parts with the brush marks.

• Betsy Betsy on May 22, 2018
    Yeah, stain goes on differently, and you have to wipe it off soon after applying it, otherwise you get those blotches. Ask me how I know:( Unfortunately, you have to start over again.

• Han11807599 Han11807599 on May 22, 2018
    Sand it again, then stain it again using a rag, rubbing in the direction of the wood grain. Don't forget to wear rubber gloves!

• William William on May 23, 2018
    Looks like gel stain. Use Citristrip stipper to remove it. Sanding would take forever, sandpaper clog up fast, friction from sanding can embed the stain into the wood. Scrape off when softened with putty knife. Lots of newspaper to clean putty knife. A little vinegar and water, dampen a sponge to wipe off and neutralize the stripper. Some light sanding and your ready to go.

• Joslyn Ferguson Joslyn Ferguson on May 26, 2018
    Thank you so much!!!