Desiree G
Desiree G
  • Orlando, FL

DIY Botanical Prints

$10

Art can be very expensive especially when you need multiples! I love botanical prints and they can be hard to find and sometimes when you find them they can be a bit pricey. That's when I decided to make my own! I found I free printable online and used old shutter slats from a shutter that had fallen apart!
diy botanical prints
I had my prints printed at Office Depot on 65lb. CARD STOCK paper! It's a thicker paper so that the color of our walls wouldn't show through the paper. I printed them at FULL size on 11"x17" paper and this left a decent sized white boarder all around the image allowing space for the wood strips at the top and bottom.
diy botanical prints
I just used regular old Elmer's glue to glue all of the wood slates to the Botanical prints.
diy botanical prints
diy botanical prints
Run a strip of glue down the center and then I stuck the two pieces of wood together to make the glue cover all of the two wood slats. Pull them apart and then place your print between the two wood slats and clip them together while the glue dries. I did end up using 3 clips on one strip because the paper kept wanting to slide out from the glue once I clipped just one clip on. So keep an eye on your paper while the wood slats dry together.Once all six prints were dry I measured in 2 1/2" from both sides and marked it to hot glue jute twine to the back side at the top to hang them.
diy botanical prints
diy botanical prints
diy botanical prints

Desiree G

• Kathy

ditto on the print question. where did you find them. definitely doing this!

• LeeAnna Fitzgerel

Wouldn’t half-round molding work, if you didn’t have an old shutter? I used that once to do something similar, only putting the wood on the front. We cut the molding to fit, spray painted it, then glued it.

• Jeanne Martin

I just put up 8 pics in my bedroom. 4 old style bird prints and 4 old style botanical prints. However, I bought 8 matching gold frames from the Dollar Tree. I like the look of yours better (more like the look I was going for). Never thought of this simple idea! Thanks! I may redo mine now.

• Jean C Andrews

Could you pressed flowers for this project?