How to clean oven racks

GinnyLaura CooperJanet Panos
+5

My husband loves to make pizza and puts on the oven rack,
I have used find Carbona grill and rack cleaner, just can't find in any store

• Carol
    Carol

Contact the maker directly on the internet. That usually works for me.
    Betsy

What I use for burnt on gunk is a paste made of cream of tartar (the dry stuff) and vinegar. Make a paste, rub it on the gunky stuff, let it sit for about 15 seconds and wipe off. If you have to scrub, and you probably won't, use a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to put the paste on a couple of times if the gunk is really thick.
  • Karen Drozda
    Karen Drozda

Krud Kutter. Sold at Home Depot and WalMart. Non-toxic, no odor and works miracles! Sold by cleaning supplies or paint department.
  • Janet Panos
    Janet Panos

Hello. Until you find your Carbona grill and rack cleaner, you can use a combination of blue Dawn dish detergent and vinegar in a spray bottle along with hot water. Spray it on your racks and let it soak in a bit. Then use a scouring pad to scrub off pizza residue. Repeat if necessary. Good luck!
  • Laura Cooper
    Laura Cooper

If you have a self-cleaning oven, just leave them in the oven during the cleaning cycle
  • Ginny
    Ginny

Leaving them in a self-cleaning oven may turn the racks funny colors. You can soak them in the bathtub overnight in a solution of Dawn and water then clean them in the morning with Brillo or other soap pads.