Convenient Cord Keepers

4.8K Views
I'm trying to get things off the floor so that my robot vacuum can work unhindered by electrical cords. This week's challenge was a Command Hook Hack, so I was happy to try them to keep back a few cords. I'll show you how easy it was:
Time: 15 MinutesCost: $1Difficulty: Easy
  • convenient cord keepers
First I purchased some self-adhesive hooks from Dollar Tree for - you guessed it! A dollar!
  • convenient cord keepers
This was the mess that I was hoping to tame.
After reading the directions, I cleaned the space above the baseboard where I wanted to stick the hooks with alcohol. Caution: Don't rub too hard - this stuff can strip the paint!
  • convenient cord keepers
I applied the hooks just above the baseboard so that the surge protector will be above it, not resting on the floor.
  • convenient cord keepers
I used a third hook to hold up my phone charger cord. This will hold it at a convenient height, so that I can reach it from my bed, rather than having to crawl under the bed to find it. I use the edge of the bookshelf as a nightstand, and this lower shelf is perfect for charging my phone at night.
That's it! It's that easy to corral the cords plaguing you! I'll clip back any slack in them with binder clips. I can even place another command hook along the wall and hook the binder clips to it to prevent dragging on the floor, if needed. This didn't take 15 minutes, and that included moving the bed away from the wall and back. However, to make sure the hooks stay, you have to wait 12 hours for the adhesive to set.

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of June 16, 2018 11:22 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.