Convenient Cord Keepers

$1

I'm trying to get things off the floor so that my robot vacuum can work unhindered by electrical cords. This week's challenge was a Command Hook Hack, so I was happy to try them to keep back a few cords. I'll show you how easy it was:
convenient cord keepers
First I purchased some self-adhesive hooks from Dollar Tree for - you guessed it! A dollar!
convenient cord keepers
This was the mess that I was hoping to tame.
convenient cord keepers, Supplies needed
Supplies needed.
After reading the directions, I cleaned the space above the baseboard where I wanted to stick the hooks with alcohol. Caution: Don't rub too hard - this stuff can strip the paint!
convenient cord keepers, Another look at my vacuum s challenge
Another look at my vacuum's challenge.
convenient cord keepers
I applied the hooks just above the baseboard so that the surge protector will be above it, not resting on the floor.
convenient cord keepers
I used a third hook to hold up my phone charger cord. This will hold it at a convenient height, so that I can reach it from my bed, rather than having to crawl under the bed to find it. I use the edge of the bookshelf as a nightstand, and this lower shelf is perfect for charging my phone at night.
convenient cord keepers, Closeup of charger cord
Closeup of charger cord.
That's it! It's that easy to corral the cords plaguing you! I'll clip back any slack in them with binder clips. I can even place another command hook along the wall and hook the binder clips to it to prevent dragging on the floor, if needed. This didn't take 15 minutes, and that included moving the bed away from the wall and back. However, to make sure the hooks stay, you have to wait 12 hours for the adhesive to set.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 14, 2018 10:24 PM - More info

• Tojth

How are you holding the heavy power strip against the wall above the baseboard? I see the command hook holding the cord, but it looks like something must be holding the strip or it would droop down over the baseboard.

Thanks.