Pigomyhrt
Pigomyhrt
  • Hometalk Helper
  • United States

Entryway Ceiling Shim Wood Mosaic

$45

We remodeled our kitchen and our small back foyer needed the ceiling painted. But we ended up doing this instead
entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
kitchen entry small foyer needed ceiling painted.
entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Measured square footage and headed to Home Depot. I will admit I bought peel and stick wallpaper that didn’t hold up on a ceiling. Peeled down. I wanted something unique but as you can see our modern cabinets go ALL THE WAY to the ceiling so there is very little room to work with.
entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Hubby started by cabinets checking the Sein of the doors so here was no problems with the shims hitting the tops of the doors.
entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Air compressor and nailer are essential for a project like this. Wash shim was 3 nails. Then you just start putting the puzzle together. My hubby enjoys fun projects like this. Not too much manual labor but gets to use the nailer. :)
entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Started in the corner.
entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Came down side of wall.
entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Almost complete. Had to do other side then chose to meet in the middle because of course the wall wasn’t straight.
entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Done! (Sorry I should have taken more pics. I’ll add when the sun comes up. :)

• Julie

Love it!!! Will you finish with a poly coating to protect the shims?

• Pigomyhrt

We thought about painting and staining but now I’m not sure. It’s a ceiling in my back entryway (tiny mud room) so not sure it needs a polycoat.

• Ari Driver

What does "Wash shim was 3 nails." mean?

• Sta8889242

LOVE IT🤗 did you have all the shims going in the same direction-thicker to thinner-or dud u all mix it up? Hope this makes since

• Pigomyhrt

Hi there! Totally mixed it up. Wall wasn’t square so it becomes a puzzle the further into it you get. It really was a fun project aside from your arms being above your head so much! 😂💦