Entryway Ceiling Shim Wood Mosaic

50K Views
We remodeled our kitchen and our small back foyer needed the ceiling painted. But we ended up doing this instead
Time: 8 HoursCost: $45Difficulty: Easy
  • entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
kitchen entry small foyer needed ceiling painted.
  • entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Measured square footage and headed to Home Depot. I will admit I bought peel and stick wallpaper that didn’t hold up on a ceiling. Peeled down. I wanted something unique but as you can see our modern cabinets go ALL THE WAY to the ceiling so there is very little room to work with.
  • entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Hubby started by cabinets checking the Sein of the doors so here was no problems with the shims hitting the tops of the doors.
  • entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Air compressor and nailer are essential for a project like this. Wash shim was 3 nails. Then you just start putting the puzzle together. My hubby enjoys fun projects like this. Not too much manual labor but gets to use the nailer. :)
  • entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Started in the corner.
  • entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Came down side of wall.
  • entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Almost complete. Had to do other side then chose to meet in the middle because of course the wall wasn’t straight.
  • entryway ceiling shim wood mosaic
Done! (Sorry I should have taken more pics. I’ll add when the sun comes up. :)

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of June 13, 2018 11:05 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.