"Faux" Cement Wall and Floating Cabinet

$400

This glorious cement wall with floating cabinet is what I will be talking to you about. Hope I can show you the process of how we completed this project and show you the before and after.

This was the space before the transformation.
We wanted a raw cement look on the wall, (to go with our industrial/modern look) so we decided to use this material called Wonderboard. It is used for wet areas like bathrooms where tile is then installed on top. But for our purpose, it was to become the “cement” wall.
We measured the wall and its center so we could decide how to start applying the wonderboard. We used liquid nails for this purpose.
Then we designed, cut, and started building the cabinet, which we built with ¾” birch plywood.

The Kreg Jig is excellent in making an easy job of putting the pieces together.

We Painted the cabinet white. No pictures of this process, but we used an air compressor and paint gun.

At the bottom of the cabinet we built a box (same width as the cabinet), which we then filled with white quartz. Also, you can’t see it on the picture, but we installed white LED lights under the counter to shine on the rocks.
After a while we changed some decor items and built the wirerope wall divider and this is how it ended up. To see the full tutorial on how we built the wirerope divider click HERE
DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• TraceyMarie Graham

Did you treat the wonder board with anything, sealant or clear spray of poly! How did you remove wording? Or is that only on one side! I’d like this look for 3 of our 4 basement walls!! Love what you’ve done!

• Barb Reaves

I thought it was a wall in your house. But you did it outside? I couldn't see enough of the process to know what was done & how.

• Henri001

What a FANTASTIC idea!! It looks terrific, now I know what to do with one of our downstairs guest bedrooms.....Thank you ever so much for the great idea and for sharing your extreme talent with all of us!