Floor leak during heavy rain, possibly from window.

+7
Picture of window are attached. This is a rental and the tenant was not home to provide access to get inside pictures.
q floor leak during heavy rain possibly from window
  • Ginny Ginny on May 24, 2018
    Is your window sealed all the way around? Maybe you need to check your caulking. Looks like the windowsill needs some attention too.
    • Emily Vincent Emily Vincent on Jun 02, 2018
      I'm making over 8000 dollar a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do... http://www.Jobzon3.com
  • Fre7180623 Fre7180623 on May 25, 2018
    Check caulking around window

• Melissa Melissa on May 25, 2018
    Caulking is a good place to start. Also sand And paint the wood. Inside: How bad did it leak in there? What type of flooring is it? Depending in the damage, you want to get a fan to dry out the wall and floor.

If you are the owner, the lease allows ownership access for an emergency. Just leave the tenant a message letting them know.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on May 25, 2018
    Because the leak caused water inside the house and possible damage and/or possible could cause mold/mildew issues, you have the right to gain access to the domicile as owner.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on May 25, 2018
    Seal between window and Sill.............
  • Jacquelyne May Jacquelyne May on May 25, 2018
    A water leak can cause wood inside the wall to rot. Insects (beetles, termites) will move into damp wood, too.
    If this has been leaking a while, you should make sure all rotted wood is removed and check your beams. A seemingly small problem can cause major damage, especially if it's near a support beam.
    Good reason to paint every year and keep windows and sills sealed.
  • Joyceawhitt Joyceawhitt on May 26, 2018
    We had the same problem and it was above the window, where we couldn't see needed sealed there under the roofing material
  • 2dogal 2dogal on May 26, 2018
    The first thing I would do is make sure the tenant is home when you go out again. Check the weep holes in the window frame. They get clogged with dirt.
  • Eric Eric on May 26, 2018
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I did remove old caulk and put in new caulk. An inspection inside showed signs of termites. Any recommendations on a contractor in the 813 area code that I can consult with?