Wildflowers & Pistols
Wildflowers & Pistols
  • Tribune, KS

Chevron Stained Buffet With the Cutest Burlap Bow Pulls

I absolutely LOVE old buffets! Now a days they can be used for so much more than just a buffet. They can be placed in an entry way to hold pictures and decor, or in the living room as an entertainment center among other things! I gave this one a much needed update!
chevron stained buffet with the cutest burlap bow pulls, painted furniture
I picked this one up awhile back and was saving it for one of my vintage shows. The finish on this piece was far from perfect and I had an awesome idea for this one!
First, I painted the base with The Hayloft's Milk Paint mixing the colors Blue Grass and Kitchen Sink.(which you can purchase here ---> https://www.etsy.com/listing/186986803/the-haylofts-milk-paint-milk-paint?) Then, I sanded down the top, removing all the old finish and getting rid of all the scratches, cup rings, and dents.
I then drew up my design and began staining! -- Drawing the chevron design was a bit tedious with all the measuring and making sure my lines were straight.. I'm really terrible at making straight lines.. So, that required extra effort on my part ;) --
I was starting to get pretty excited at this point! -- After staining the entire design I went back and fixed any lines that weren't completely straight.
The new drawer pulls were probably my FAVORITE part about this buffet! The old pulls weren't in the best of shape and really didn't work well with the buffet's new makeover.. So, I decided to get creative! I made these bow drawer pulls using scrap burlap and twine! I LOVE them!
The chevron stained top turned out beautiful! (I sealed everything with 3 coats of polycrylic)
I just love all that natural chippy goodness you get when using milk paint!
Yep, this buffet is now of my favorite pieces that I've redone!! It's beautiful, charming and full of character! It was a HUGE hit at my show and it sold that day.

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/TheHayloftCCC

• Judy Martin

well I would have love to stain it ,,being it looked in good shape to match my table & put some new knobs on it to my liking...now being we all think different & some love the country look ( I do to) I think it a cool country piece for that style,,, if she likes it then , it good enough for her , but for me the piece is not my style ...even of country So, each to his own,I say ! ye did good Job lady!

• Beth Boyce

I love the hayloft paint! I am a fan of making runners than as my taste or styles change I can just make another :)