What is the Best way to restore wood porch railing and spindles?

+21
Hello fello DIYers, I have a wood porch railing across the front and side of the house. Unfortunately with all the rain the gutters got clogged and overflowed onto the railing. It now looks a dingy green/black color. Before anyone suggests replacing it with the new "plastic" wood, I am on a limited budget and would like to restore them myself. I am concerned about using a pressure washer on the wood. Also, I've tried steel wool on the spindles but it doesn't make much improvement. I would like to put on some clear coat to protect the wood but keep the natural look (instead of staining the wood). If anyone has any experience with a project like this, I could really use some advice. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've included a picture to give you some idea of what it looks like. Yes, that's a wild turkey eating out of my bird feeder, Haha. Thank you to anyone who has served our country and have a Great Memorial Day weekend!