How do I get rid of mice and mice smell naturally?

+4
The mice have invaded an old shed for quite some time and I'd like to use it to store things safely.

• If you fill every little hole with steel wool they cannot get in, it's the one thing they can't chew through
  • Fong-Lie Bavelaar Fong-Lie Bavelaar on May 26, 2018
    Nothing is save for mice, as special in a shed, it is very hard to close every little opening where they can get in, only thing what helps are cat's. To clean, use vinegar, many critters hate the smell.
  • Jcraw Jcraw on May 26, 2018
    They also make varmint-resisting spray foam. Keep in mind that they can get in the smallest hole imaginable. And nest anywhere.
    Youll have to make sure the place is very clean. Use a mint-scented cleaning solution. Mice don’t like mint, so I’d spray a bit of mint-oil solution around the edges for a while after as well. Use as much closed storage as you can.
  • Dougal Dougal on May 26, 2018
    get everything out and sweep & clean the place. Spray with a bleach/water solution and then stuff every nook and cranny with steel wool.
  • Nan13584262 Nan13584262 on May 26, 2018
    Peppermint oil. Works great. They hate the smell. I used cotton ball saturated with the oil.
  • Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on May 26, 2018
    Use a "desiccant" rodent remover after you've thoroughly cleaned out the entire area and blocked all holes. These attract any remaining rodents to eat and then they literally mummify, leaving no odor.
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Jun 03, 2021

Hi there, if you have space you can plant a eucalyptus tree near your shed. Most rodents hate the smell.