How to Make an Accent Table

$150

Today I will be talking about the DIY for this accent table. Often when decorating our homes, we need a specific piece for a specific space which makes it hard to find. So, then, why not create it ourselves? Would you dare build it? Building original furniture for your house doesn’t have to be complicated. You just have to have some imagination, good taste and some basic skills. In this article I will be showing you how to make an accent table.

Cut the wood and make a simple rectangular box. You can use nails or screws. I used a nail gun. It doesn’t matter if you can see the fasteners, as the piece will be painted and covered later.
Paint the box your favorite color. Next, we wanted some texture, so we decided to use Acrylic Clear Premium Prismatic Lighting Panel (fluorescent light cover). We painted the part that would then be affixed to the table (the rough side) the same color as our table.
This is what it will look like when you flip it to its smooth side.
Once dried, we cut them the same size as our table sides and top. We then used Loctite Power Grab Express glue to attach the acrylic to the table.
We used a trowel to spread the glue evenly.
Then affixed the Acrylic Clear Premium Prismatic Lighting Panel to the box.
In the meantime, we will be measuring and cutting the ½” aluminum angle bar which will be covering the edges of the table. With a hacksaw we mitered the corners to make them fit nice and tight. We used superglue to adhere it to the table.
We used 1”x 6” wood to make the legs. We cut them the desired length/width (two pieces), the used the router to give it a decorative look. We attached them together (decorative edge side to decorative edge side). Then we painted them with silver spray paint.
We used these Heavy Duty Top Plate and matching Hanger Bolts to attach the legs.
And this is the result! Hope you enjoyed this project.
If you like this table , you going to love the other one we made from a tree trunk slab, press HERE to see the tutorial and how beautiful it turned out.

Acrylic Clear Premium Prismatic Lighting Panel

How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• Pamela

Please tell me about the fabulous lamp on your table!

• Patsy47

i agree with pamela....that lamp is Amazing!!

• Carol Cole

I did read it , just went through the picture but can you light it up behind it?

• Sharon

I also wanted to know how you cut the light panel. I attempted unsuccessfully to work with one before. Thank you.

• Mum with dreams

I truly love this! I would love to try making one but with led strip lighting around the edges and make the panel less opaque to be able to light it up! I think that would look amazing! If I find time and resources I will post!

• Miss Denise

Great job! Also did you make your large lamp?