Old Cedar Planter Needed Replacing. What to Do.....

$80

I live on a public golf course, so I like to keep my garbage can and heat pump hidden from that side. After removing my rotted out planter I had to replace it with something. I chose to make a new one made of cinder blocks. Someone had also given me a drain collar so I decided to use that as the main planter.
old cedar planter needed replacing what to do
Good bye 20 Year Old planter.
I purchased 12 cinder blocks. Placing them in this pattern, on ground I had leveled out.
Alternating the seams until I had three layers. This gave me the height I wanted . Then I placed the drain collar in the middle, filled it with potting soil and added a new Azelea.
I then filled the outer holes of the cinder blocks with dirt, so I could plant more plants around the collar.
This angle shows the heat pump and garbage can.
Now they can’t be seen from the golf course side.
I didn’t like the plain cinder blocks, so after a week, I painted them with left over house paint, trim color. A mini roller works best.
All done and it only took about 3 hours total. I put the cute sign up a friend of mine had made for me Too.

I am also pleased to say, it’s just the right level for the deer. They ate one of the type of plants I put in The corners of the blocks.

Oh well, I had wanted some vine type of plants, but couldn’t find any at the time I was planting. So now I can replace them when I find some creeping Jenny or Jacobs Ladder.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 06, 2018 11:38 PM - More info

3 questions on this project