Has anyone ever dyed sanded grout?

+4
I am having a terrible time finding the color grout I need. Though maybe I could dye it the color I need. It’s going on the floor of the shower.

• Kim Kim on May 26, 2018
    There are powdered concrete dyes that you can use. Just google “concrete dye for grout”.
    😊
  • V Smith V Smith on May 26, 2018
    When we did our kitchen floor we used a grout that was meant to have a colorant added. The color chip explained which products to combine. It came from Home Depot.
  • Sharon Sharon on May 27, 2018
    Did you try True Value hardware store? they had a nice selection when I did my remodel.
    • Lilly Lilly on May 27, 2018
      That’s a good place to check I have several near my home.
      Thank you,
      Lilly
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on May 27, 2018
    Or you can paint or dye the current grout, since it has a sandy texture you like. Create a guide to use out of thick plastic like a report cover. Measure the exact width of the grout. Mark the width of the grout on the plastic, then mark a groove 9” Long down the plastic, and cut it out. Then use the guide to paint 9” at a time without having paint smears from too large strokes. ☺️
  • Lyn Lesikar Lyn Lesikar on May 27, 2018
    Lowes use to have grout dye and a bottle with 2 sizes of rollers for applying the dye. When we put new tile is our house 8 years ago we had to dye some of the grout. Due to the high humidity some of the colored grout lightened up so we dyed it. You can also use the rollers to apply the grout sealer.