What kind of paint will work for this?

+6
This is regular exterior trim paint on my insulated steel door. Obviously didn't work on this material.
q what kind of paint will work for this
Any one have success with other kind of paint?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 27, 2018
    did you use paint for a steel door?Did you use a primer
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on May 27, 2018
    You would need to use correct paint for the metal. DIY's will be able to help, If not try Car paint Department..............
  • Gfk32453030 Gfk32453030 on May 27, 2018
    The trim looks like it's plastic. Is it? If so, you need to remove all the old paint and use a paint approved for plastic, either spray or brush on. You also might need a primer paint, approved for plastic. Preparation Is very important.
  • You gotta get door paint. And use a foam roller, you'll get a pro finish
  • M. M.. M. M.. on May 27, 2018
    Linda, that old paint needs to be sanded off a bit, then you can apply a spray paint formulated for plastic, I think Krylon is one of the biggest makers. Remember to mask off with tape the glass and any other areas that might get overspray. Follow directions, let dry between coats.
  • That yellow peeking through, is that the color of the raw plastic or is it an old paint color?
    I suggest you go to a paint specialty store, like Sherwin Williams. There are products that say right on the can whether it's for plastic. I know rust oleum has products that are made for plastic. Once again, it has to say this on the label.