After a full dishwash, the teacup stains remain- what can I do?

Deana Thaxton SammsLoo12526931Barb Bennett
+5

I am using brand name dishwasher product, but teacup stains do not come off, i end up having to hand wash...

• Barbara C
    Barbara C

Add a little bleach to the cup.let it soak for a few minutes. Sometimes an SOS pad will scrub the stain away.
  • Loo12526931
    Loo12526931

Thanks, i am hoping to find a solution which avoids any additional steps...
  • Kim
    Kim

Most dishwasher soaps should clean your teacups without extra work. If your other dishes are getting clean, I would assume your jets are not clogged, which would leave the possibility that the stream of soapy water is not actually making it inside your cups. Maybe try looking at the water holes to figure out which way it is squirting and position your cups so that the spray goes directly into them.
    😊
  • Nancy Flemming
    Nancy Flemming

Every so often , I would wipe my tea and coffee mugs with Vim cream cleaner this removes the stains. Probably because we put the cups in the top and this usually gets the softer spraying actions in dishwashers.
  • Barb Bennett
    Barb Bennett

I have the same problem. I need to scrub with some baking soda in the cup and hand wash.

• Loo12526931
    Loo12526931

Thank you all. I am going to try putting cups in lower basket...will give you a heads up if it works!
  • Deana Thaxton Samms
    Deana Thaxton Samms

Not every detergent works for every machine and water. Try a liquid detergent. Most of them contain bleach that helps with tea and coffee stains. It also helps with keeping the dishwasher clean.