I have river rock around my home and it seems to be sinking- help!

+5
Seems to be sinking should I add more or remove and add more soil

• 2dogal 2dogal on May 30, 2018
    It's called settling. If you dig down, you'll see the rocks have "settled" into the soil. To keep the rocks from settling, the area should have been dug out, larger grade rocks laid down first as a base, then smaller on top. Now, just add more rock.
    • Sue Oszust Sue Oszust on May 30, 2018
      Thanks but I do have concern about drainage my property is low will adding more help I have a sub pump please ad your thought
  • Pat pacdits Pat pacdits on May 30, 2018
    I have a similar situation. I am plamining on having it dug out, add more soil, plastic to stop weeds and more rocks.

Hope this works
    • Sue Oszust Sue Oszust on May 31, 2018
      I’m thinking im gonna do what your doing it’s a pain but I think this is the best way to solve it thanks a lot
  • William William on May 30, 2018
    I have the same. Just sinks into the ground. I just add more. I also have a french drain going into a sump pit in the crawl. I have no problems. More stones means better drainage.
  • Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Dec 17, 2020

Can I send you some river rock?  Our soil is full of rock and a little dirt. Hard to dig.