I need to refresh my towels. They all smell.

Anne WingateMarybeth.zielinskiPam
+5

• 2dogal
    2dogal

Use a cup of vinegar in the wash. It will remove soap residue. It's also good to change the type (manufacturer) of laundry detergent every few months to eliminate build up. Hang them outside in the sun helps too. Using a fabric softener creates a build up in the towels also. The fabric softener works by creating the build up to make it softer. That's why they don't dry as well.
  • Pam
    Pam

Use lysol in your washer, just a few tablespoons, you won't be able to smell it after they go through the dryer. It provides antibacterial agents
  • Ana Bacallao
    Ana Bacallao

When you wash them add a 1/2 cup baking soda during rinse cycle to deodorize. I also use the second rinse option on my washer.
  • Phi33436021
    Phi33436021

Wash them with a little vodka. Takes out smelliness
  • Pam
    Pam

Add 1 cup of ammonia to wash only as frequently as needed
    Use only about half of recommended laundry soap every time to prevent buildup
    Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar to rinse every time

• Marybeth.zielinski
    Marybeth.zielinski

You should wash the towels in hot water every now and then to keep them odor free. Of course if the towels are white you can use bleach and hot water. I also like to use Borax about twice a month added in the wash cycle this helps wash out soap build up that may be causing the odor. Using less soap and no fabric softener which both have waxy ingredients that stick to clothes, will also help.
  • Anne Wingate
    Anne Wingate

Use Lysol laundry disinfectant. I've been using it ever since it became available. I wouldn't be without it.