Twine Wrapped Decorative Box

I found an old box laying around the house and decided to make it into a decorative piece to help in the organization of my craft room... I had been wanting to try a new technique I had seen and just happened to have a ball of twine on hand.
So, I used that twine and some hot glue and covered the entire box and lid....
Wrapping and gluing - takes a spell but, oh so simple.... I watched a TV program while I was doing it...
The wrapping of the lid made this really cool design... totally unexpected.....
Finished off with a band of burlap, a crocheted flower and a button... very vintage and kitch....
Check out the tutorial on the blog

Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Cathy @Vintage, Paint and more....

• Marge
    Marge

What box did you use? A shoe box? I think that is what I will try. I like the burlap trim too.

• @Marge it was actually an 8-10 inch decorative cardboard box something had come in. You could just as easily use a shoebox thought - because they are about the same substance. Have fun and thank you.

• Ellen Winspear Stanton
    Ellen Winspear Stanton

I have a hard time throwing out shipping boxes. There sturdy, come in so many sizes, and seems like such a waste. I've got loads of yarn needing storage and an ease of retrieval and showcasing. This will work beautifully. Reuses what I have price is right and fits my design style. Thank you for sharing. God Bless.