How to remove Glue from sticker?

Wesley J BarisoffD scheideckerWilliam
+10

I recently bought a new grill, one of the stickers was directly put on top, I managed to remove the sticker but the glue remains. I bought "goo gone " and used a finger nail brush to no avail! I am trying to wait to get this off before I use the grill, any suggestions please?
  • Goldilocks
    Goldilocks

Wd40

• Carol Thomas
    Carol Thomas

Try WD-40. Spray it on, let sit a few moments, wipe with a clean soft cloth. Repeat till it's all gone.
  • Dmu24953936
    Dmu24953936

I use olive oil on everything to remove sticky residue. You will need to let it 'sit' awhile to loosen the goo. I have tried all the other stuff and olive oil works the best and is the cheapest and no fumes!
  • Joy30150932
    Joy30150932

Try spraying with WD40, let I sit few minutes and it should lift off with a cloth or paper towel.
  • Colleen McAllister
    Colleen McAllister

Try baby oil
  • Missy Burch
    Missy Burch

Googone is the best for any type of sticky residue.
  • Pam
    Pam

Tried it several times 😥
  • Svolz
    Svolz

GooGone is an oilly liquid that will definitely remove it!!!
  • Tracy
    Tracy

Vinegar, first. If that doesn't work, denatured alcohol or acetone. The finish is heat resistant, these will not hurt the finish.
  • M.H.
    M.H.

What about fingernail polish remover? That has worked for me on a couple things. Good luck 😊
    William

That kind of glue needs to be softened and scraped off with something plastic like a credit card. It's rubber based like contact adhesive. It won't just wipe off. Nail polish remover, Goo Gone to soften it, WD40.
  • D scheidecker
    D scheidecker

Try peanut butter. Coat and let stand a few minutes and goo usually wipes off. Good luck
  • Wesley J Barisoff
    Wesley J Barisoff

Hand sanitzer! I used to work in visual presentation for a reputable department store! Hand sanitizer for the win!! Every time!