What is best way to clean silver jewelry?

+5
  • Pinkflmgo626 Pinkflmgo626 on May 31, 2018
    Ask a jeweler for a silver polishing cloth. Sometimes they are free or cost very little. my favorite product to clean tarnished silver is Tarnex! It’s a liquid and you have to be very careful with it and it’s best to wear rubber gloves. There are also silver polishing waxes but they are hard to use on jewelry and chains. Hope this helps you ...
  • Betty Betty on May 31, 2018
    If you have a home town jewelry store they will give you one for free .my jewelry gave me one free .

• Toothpaste is awesome. Just put some on a rag and rub. Make sure it's paste and not gel
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 31, 2018
    plain white toothpaste
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on May 31, 2018
    Boil about 2 cups of water. Turn the stove off and drop in 5-6 strips of aluminum foil, about 4” long. Drop in some of your jewelry and let it set about 30 minutes. Remove your jewelry; dry with a soft cloth. If you like the way this turned out, clean more of your silver the same way. Sometimes I put a tsp. of cream of tartar in the hot water with the foil, but I’m not sure why! You could always try a piece or two that way. And that’s how I usually clean my grandmother’s silver plated eating utensils, too. Best wishes ☺️
  • Missy Burch Missy Burch on May 31, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=silver%20jewelry%20cleaner
  • William William on May 31, 2018
    I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish like Wrights and dips like TarnX tend to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed. I use white toothpaste (not gel) and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, ceramics, sneakers, plastics, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything.