Had several trees cut down on a hill in my back yard.

+11
The stumps look terrible. What can I do to make the hill look better?

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jun 01, 2018
    The easiest and most efficient method is hire someone to grind the stumps.

Its very intense manual laboring -to wack it out with sledgehammer, wedge, maul and or mattock. If its rotted it should be much easier than a new sizable stump.

We tried drilling out hole perforations applied the commercial chemical applications of stump out and burning that failed on a large willow stump and with failure resorted to contracting the professional stump grinder service.

On smaller cedar stumps we leave them for a matter of time and hack away with sledge hammer maul wedges till it breaks up. I did recently see they do rent out two different sized hp -stump grinders at my local Home Depot Tool rental

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jun 01, 2018
    You can drill the stumps and put in chemicals to rot them out. OR decorate the stumps with flower pots, any kind of yard art. I have been working on mine for months but I am to old for hard work...LOL

And I am fighting first wet chilly weather and now rain and sauna weather...can't take much of that heat at a time!

• Gk Gk on Jun 01, 2018
    Can you make a garden around the stumps? Perhaps with some rocks or landscaping blocks. You can use the stumps to set pots of flowers on and plant perennials around the stumps.
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 01, 2018
    Have youo considered a fairy garden? They are creative and can be very beautiful.
  • Stephen Bonifer Stephen Bonifer on Jun 01, 2018
    Lowes- but a can of truck rot
  • Elaine Elaine on Jun 01, 2018
    If they were mine, I’d cut them various heights (for interest) THEN plant Cotoneaster. It is a tough, fast and low-growing ground cover. Get the one that grows really flat with red berries. It’s beautiful yet tough. It will climb over your stumps and around them. I’d also place a few good sized landscape rocks and let the Cotoneaster trail around them. Your stumps and garden could look really classy and beautiful.
  • Stephen Bonifer Stephen Bonifer on Jun 02, 2018
    sorry for the spelling, I meant buying a can of trunk root