What is turning my Boston fern brown?

+7
I’m trying to find out why the leaves in my Boston fern is turning brown. I usually have it sitting on the deck on the back of my house which faces east. I make sure I keep the soil moist. Still can’t figure out why it’s turning brown. Any suggestions?
q what is turning my boston fern brown
  • Phyllis Elliott Phyllis Elliott on Jun 01, 2018
    Usually too much or too little watering !
  • There are several possibilities. Take a look at this article:
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 01, 2018
    ferns need alot of misting ,and shade
  • Deb K Deb K on Jun 01, 2018
    Hi, Boston fern browning may be caused by poor soil, inadequate drainage, lack of water or humidity, too much light, excess salt or simply mechanical injury. If your cat tends to chew on the leaves, the tips will turn brown and die
  • Elaine Elaine on Jun 01, 2018
    Do you also mist your ferns? They love regular misting. I once read that the fronds turn brown if they are frequently touched so make sure there are no little children frequently touching the leaves.
  • Cindy Cindy on Jun 01, 2018
    It's time to re-pot your plant with new soil. The fern has used up the nutrients it needs. You could also try placing your fern in your bathroom. Ferns are tropical plants and would love all the moisture and steam in your bathroom. Best of luck to you.
  • Kaye Watters Kaye Watters on Jun 02, 2018
    K

• Sandra Clay Sandra Clay on Jun 02, 2018
    I've had the same problem. Found that unchlorinated worked the best.
  • 19628357297 19628357297 on Jun 02, 2018
    well the city water with chlorine in it is very bad for all plants, i use alaska fish emulsion fertilizer, mine were yellowing and looking bad, now they are beautiful. but i must warn you it dont smell great but you will have the most beautiful ferns, i had friends came by and ask to use my ferns in there garden wedding , they were really big,thick and green , just beautiful