How to Remove Garden Rodents

$1

Use natural methods to remove rodents in the garden.
how to remove garden rodents
Have you ever experienced rodents like mice in the garden? For me these pests are simply disgusting and for whatever reason they make me squeal whenever I see one.

If you've gardened for awhile I'm going to guess you've probably ran in to a few.

Did you know there are natural ways to remove them? There's also additional things you can do to make your garden less inviting for these little pests.
how to remove garden rodents
First let's talk about instant Potato Flakes, this is an in expensive tip and will eliminate the problem. 

I don't eat instant potatoes so I keep a small inexpensive box on hand just in case because I like to do things as natural as possible on our homestead.
how to remove garden rodents
Sprinkle a few spoonfuls where you think a nest is present at night and they’ll arrive to eat. After this occurs the flakes expand in the stomach and well they die.

NOTE: If you have pets keep these flakes out of their reach.
how to remove garden rodents
The Flaked potatoes is a great tip and I have many more that you may also find helpful.

Like planting mint, this wonderful herb can be planted in pots around the garden perimeter or sprinkle dried mint around planted areas. 

Mint has a strong scent that rodents don't like so it works as a natural deterrent and can also be incorporated through  oils.

Hope you enjoyed and the rest of my   tips can be found here.
Garden Up Green - Carole

• Hap12252197

Will planting mint around keep mice from getting into your home. I live in the middle of a pasture and all kinds of critters are around

• Okay that is up for debate because when we had our farm I planted mint in tubs/containers around the front and back doors of our homes and guess what occasionally mice still got inside. Maybe if they would have been planted closer to the ground things may have been different? It doesn't hurt to try as mint is a great detour plant for many pests.

• Dic28496133

Would the potato flakes also keep skunks and ground hogs. Who are making a disaster out of our yard ???

• Kathie Beaurline

Thank you for the tip, but I have a question also. Would this work for moles? They are destroying my garden and lawn. Thank you.

• Denise Ring Catania

One of our local gold courses had some trouble with moles and their solution believe it or not was to put pieces of juicy fruit gum into the holes. It's eaten by the moles and they can't digest it and will then die. So simple and it works!