I have to restain my house. What color do you think?

+8
The time has come and I just can’t decide. Help Please.
q i have to restain my house what color do you think
Right now it’s gray with lighter gray trim. Pretty boring.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jun 02, 2018
    Start with medium blue, and the windows white trim.
    • Judy Judy on Jun 02, 2018
      Personally, I would stay away from blue as a house color because it is proven that blue does not sell a house. If they plan to stay in the house, then by all means , go blue.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jun 02, 2018
    I would go dark slate gray with bright white trim. And paint the front door a candy apple red.
    • Judy Judy on Jun 02, 2018
      Long ago my family home was a dark charcoal gray with white trim and a bright red front door. I always loved that on that particular cape. Later on it was painted Lighthouse Yellow and it became the known as the landmark yellow house on our road. It was a soft yellow and looked good with a gray shingled roof like your's. Now that house is a dull clay and it is not at all a pretty look, but it is a modern choice, just not a standout anymore. Our very old house here in Maine is weathered gray shingles...a traditional look here.
  • Barb Dauber Barb Dauber on Jun 02, 2018
    go back to the original or a red wood stain. If it is anything like hair color the combination or grey and red make a pretty brown, since you have fade spots, you will get highlights too. For an even color, paint it.
    My home is light gray with charcoal trim and white accents. I recently painted my front double doors candy apple red and keep getting compliments! NOT tomato red (which has an orange base) but candy apple (just like the snack) which has a pink base.....SO STRIKING!
    I will - as soon as it stops raining!
  • Ginny Ginny on Jun 03, 2018
    I'm a blue person so would pick something from the color wheel in that family.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jun 20, 2018
    Oooooops! I will! Promise!