How to clean headlight lens?

+5
  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jun 02, 2018
    My husband just use this product on his car and did have great results.

Theres a Q&A on this link along with rating for your consideration.

• Betsy Betsy on Jun 02, 2018
    What I used on my headlights was a product by Motsenbockers, that is a foam and latex remover. I got it at Menards, but I think Home Depot carries it too. I got it in a can, and it was about $5. Be sure it says 'safe for plastic' on the back. I put some on one of those magic erasers and rubbed it on, waited a few seconds and rubbed it again until it removed the gunk. Took about 4 or 5 minutes for each headlight. Then, I washed it off with soap and water and applied rain-x on the lenses. You may have to do it a couple of times, but it worked pretty good for my headlights, which were just awful!
  • Betty Betty on Jun 02, 2018
    I bought my son head light cleaner at auto zone .he said it work great .about ten dollars ..
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 02, 2018
    Hi Sheri,
    If you're looking for a non-chemical way to clean them, I'd suggest trying a mix of 50% water and 50% vinegar with a few drops of Dawn in the mix. Spray it on and give it a few minutes to work then wipe it off to see how if that is enough. If not, make a thin paste with baking soda and water, rub it on the lens, the spray on the vinegar mix. Get it nice and wet. It will foam so let it do it's work. Once it's done foaming, you can wipe it down and rinse it off. Repeat if necessary. If there is dirt in some crevices, use a toothbrush to get it out. Wishing you the best.
  • Dfm Dfm on Jun 02, 2018
    Cheap non jell type toothpaste. Rub and scrub. Rinse.
  • Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on Jun 02, 2018
    Go to your local auto parts store and there are a number of great products available that will restore their shine to like new condition.
  • William William on Jun 02, 2018
    I did my daughters car. Used a White (not gel) toothpaste and a damp cloth. A dab of toothpaste on the cloth and rub in a circular motion a small area at a time. Keep the toothpaste moist. A separate wet cloth squeezing water as you rub. Wipe as you go along to see the progress. Once done put some paste wax over the lenses.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jun 02, 2018
    Use non-gel toothpaste on an old t-shirt, rubbing in circles. Rinse well.