To The Landfill OR NOT!

$25

Someone gave me this sad table 2 summers ago and it has sat in all the elements in the garden since then. So many times I was tempted to throw it into the back of the car and take it to transfer station. Can you blame me?
to the landfill or not
THEN! I found this fabric on sale and an idea began to form. I love using fabric under glass and this little baby was getting a face lift.
to the landfill or not
I liberally applied Maison Blanche Clear Primer to the underneath of the glass (after giving it a serious clean) Place the fabric onto the primer right side facing down into the medium. Smooth out from the middle to make sure it was flat, I then applied a liberal amount of primer to the fabric on the back. Making sure I also covered a good half an inch overhang
to the landfill or not
to the landfill or not
Leave it all to dry thoroughly overnight. The fabric overhang will be stiff to the touch now
to the landfill or not
Using a sharp blade simply run the blade along the edge of the glass and through the fabric making a clean cut
to the landfill or not
You see what a nice clean edge it makes? The fabric is now firmly in place underneath the glass
to the landfill or not
I cleaned up the table with a wire brush removing all the old flaking paint
to the landfill or not
I chose Maison Blanche Paint in 'Tourmaline' as the main colour for the frame, I also picked up some details in 'Sugar Cane'. I gave the whole frame a good coat of varnish too.
to the landfill or not
And here she is now, all pretty and ready to serve tea!
This table lives to see another summer.
to the landfill or not
You can see a video of this process by visiting my website and perusing my many technique videos
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 18, 2018 10:28 PM - More info
Julie McDowell - Design Artist