Help me get started?

+4
Help me to get up from this computer and do the following: Mow, trim and treat the lawn; Start a new hanging basket(already have everything needed); Clean, wash and wax tractor and lawn mowers; Repair back porch screens; Sandblast and paint porch furniture (4 swivel chairs and glass top table); throw out junk and clean Attic and Garage........I don't have the get up and go to continue this list which is never ending? So how does a Septuagenarian stop sitting around and get things done?

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jun 03, 2018
    One job at a time otherwise its overwhelming.
    Possibly make a list of 1 big job or 2-3 small jobs a day— to knock them off one at a time.
  • Linda Linda on Jun 03, 2018
    Check meetup for gardening chums in your area. Occasionally meeting with like minded individuals sharing tips and ideas may bolster your inspiration. If none, start a group you will attract interested neighbors to join your quest. Good luck
  • Janice Janice on Jun 03, 2018
    Hi, on your computer (right now) create a list of tasks you listed and then prioritize them by need to be accomplished. Beneath each task list the steps or supplies you need to do to get each one done or any additional random thoughts. Print it out and place in a spot where you see it often....maybe refrigertor door. Decide when you do your best work (I like early in the morning before showering). START! Then as you accomplish the tasks, check them off your list and reward yourself in small ways. Also, telling someone else your plans will help to make you accountable. Getting started is the hardest part, so making a physical list may help. Good luck!
  • Imjhale Imjhale on Jun 03, 2018
    Sometimes The To Do List is just overwhelming. You spend more time making the list, and keep adding to it. Or at least I do. Prioritize a couple of things, start with the most important or the one that will give you the most financial gain and alternate with a fun project that will give you satisfaction. Maybe you're hanging basket project. Since you already have a list, mark off as you go. Good friends are grandkids To both help, or tell them what you're doing and ask them to check your progress. Sometimes we need a cheering squad or a little help
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jun 03, 2018
    Do your "to do list" which mine goes on forever, thus, the things I do that aren't on the list I add them, then check them off, gives me a sense of accomplishment, even if I only do one thing on the original list.
  • DD DD on Jun 03, 2018
    Well from one 1 year away Septuagenarian to another how about you start with the quickest project on you list. Believe me I know the feeling well. How about you post a picture of that project before and after, this way you are still clicking away on the computer but getting your chores done. When you pick that project send any questions you may have will be glad One of us will come up with the hep you need on your projects but 1 at a time start small and build big!! Looking forward to hearing from you!
  • Betsy Betsy on Jan 13, 2019

Hi Ecllipse: Well, the first thing you need to do is make a short list. Yes, short! Then, do one thing a day and make sure that you don't get on the computer until it gets dark out. No, don't check your e-mail or anything. The computer can eat up more time than anything else! Do one thing on your list, cross it out and congratulate yourself on a job well done. Even if it takes a couple of days. It's not going anywhere, so just keep at it until you're done. I'm up in age, too, and that's what I do. When I get 2 or 3 things crossed off, I will add another 1 or 2 things. Do a hard thing and then an easy thing. You can do this, I have faith in you. Don't overwhelm yourself, slow and steady wins the race:) Good luck