Pulling It All Together

Downsizing is always such a hard thing to do, making furniture work in a smaller house and just the thought of getting rid of half of your things is enough to put us all in a tailspin. Here are so tips I have learned about downsizing and surviving.
Small furniture is necessary in a small room and so is a neutral background. Changing out the drapes to something that blends in with the walls definitely created the illusion of more space. So did replacing an 8 ft. sofa with a 6 ft. one. So much better for this small room.
I absolutely love these brown drapes that I originally had in this room. They are gorgeous, but see how they draw your eye to them and close the room in. Changing to a neutral drape definitely changed this room for the better.
Using a skirted table is another trick so you don't have too many legs all over the place. An end table here would have just been another piece of dark wood to grab your attention and it would probably have legs. This skirted table with a neutral topper blends into the wall and doesn't grab your eye when you look at it.

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life