Making a Milking Stand for a Goat

Making a milking stand for a goat makes it much simpler and safer to milk them.
Cutting 2x4's into 36 inch pieces for the base. We cut 3 for the top, and 2 for the sides. There was also 2 24 inch pieces that helped form the base. The legs are 2x4's cut into 3 feet lengths.
Built the base, and now building the frame for the head lock.
Adding in the head lock, as well as a dishpan for holding the grain treats while we milk. This made a much happier goat, and she was much easier to milk for us.

3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
The Homesteadinghippy

• The Homesteadinghippy
    The Homesteadinghippy

Ours learned to jump onto the stand themselves...especially once they figured out what would go in the feeder. They loved the treats!

• Cwc25217142
    Cwc25217142

I milked 2 or 3 goats for about 15 years as our son was allergic to cows milk. My husband built me a milk stand similar to this one except our base was shaped like an E without the top or bottom leg. Sitting was nice because I milked 5 goats for a couple years as I took care of a friends goats while he got his graduate degree at college. We drank some of the milk the rest I fed to a couple pigs and raised calves on our farm.