Debbie
Debbie
  • Hemet, CA
Asked on Jun 4, 2018

I would like to redo a brass bed but not sure how to go about it

DeeGabiOri13814765
+5

Has porcelain knobs as well and want to do something with them too
q i would like to redo a brass bed but not sure how to go about it
  • Joan

Sandpaper it down and use Rustoleum spray paint. Make sure to cover the knobs very well using Saran wrap and paint tape. I did mine in black years ago and I love it.

• Debbie

That's exactly what I want to do. What the black flat? I don't want to keep the porcelain knobs because it won't match my decor

• Ella Frierson Bond

I know what I would do, but you probably won't agree. I would paint it black and leave the knobs for sure.

• Debbie

the knobs have little flowers on them which won't match my decor. But I like the black idea, thanks

• Joan

It's more like a satin finish. Not sure how you would get the porcelain knobs off?

• Ori13814765

These old beds all come apart, you can remove the knobs so you can paint all the brass. Or just spray paint the knobs too either the same colour or a colour to match your decor. Getting them Powder Coated by the professionals and it will last forever. Did mine over 20 years ago, shifted house three times, still good as new.

• Gabi

If you have enough time and patience, you could try to paint the knobs separately, with a specific pattern that would match your design.

• Dee

You could also sand down the knobs. Use Rustoleum Auto primer, and paint them.