3-Ingredient Homemade Window Cleaning Spray

$3

Summer is finally here, which means there's no hiding from dirty, streaky windows. Instead of spending money on glass cleaner at the store, I decided to make a simple homemade version using water, vinegar, and lemon juice.

Making your own glass cleaner is a fun project, a great way to save money, and a chance to avoid the unnecessary chemicals in many store-bought cleaners.
3 ingredient homemade window cleaning spray
I purchased a cheap plastic trigger spray bottle from a local store, and assembled my other ingredients from around the kitchen. I used white distilled vinegar, water, and lemon juice.
I measured 250ml of both water and vinegar. Since it's half and half, it's easy to adjust the amounts if you have a different size of bottle.
I poured the water and vinegar into my spray bottle, making sure not to spill any. Using a jug to pour makes this step a lot easier.
Finally, I added a generous squirt of lemon juice to give the spray a more pleasant and less vingar-y fragrance.
I sprayed the cleaner onto my window using the bottle. Having a spray nozzle means that the cleaner is easy to apply and you don't end up using more than necessary.
I wiped the window clean and was left with sparkling, streak-free glass. Hooray!

Whether you've been neglecting your glass cleaning for a while, you've just had your home power washed and want your windows to match, or you just fancy saving a little money, this homemade glass cleaner is a great choice.
Eloise

• Carol Harris

thanks, I'll be trying this, I have a hard time finding anything that want leave streaks on the window or mirrors.

• Mlo5613904

That's a really great solution for cleaning windows. Even better when you clean it with newspaper. Not the shinny part of it. Use the first few pages or stock market part of the newspaper. It doesn't leave any streaks. And it's free.