3-Ingredient Homemade Window Cleaning Spray

$3

Summer is finally here, which means there's no hiding from dirty, streaky windows. Instead of spending money on glass cleaner at the store, I decided to make a simple homemade version using water, vinegar, and lemon juice.

Making your own glass cleaner is a fun project, a great way to save money, and a chance to avoid the unnecessary chemicals in many store-bought cleaners.
I purchased a cheap plastic trigger spray bottle from a local store, and assembled my other ingredients from around the kitchen. I used white distilled vinegar, water, and lemon juice.
I measured 250ml of both water and vinegar. Since it's half and half, it's easy to adjust the amounts if you have a different size of bottle.
I poured the water and vinegar into my spray bottle, making sure not to spill any. Using a jug to pour makes this step a lot easier.
Finally, I added a generous squirt of lemon juice to give the spray a more pleasant and less vingar-y fragrance.
I sprayed the cleaner onto my window using the bottle. Having a spray nozzle means that the cleaner is easy to apply and you don't end up using more than necessary.
I wiped the window clean and was left with sparkling, streak-free glass. Hooray!

Whether you've been neglecting your glass cleaning for a while, you've just had your home power washed and want your windows to match, or you just fancy saving a little money, this homemade glass cleaner is a great choice.

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home

• Sunita

Can I use diluted mixture for granite counter tops? Or vinegar can damage granite?

• Sophie

The vinegar WILL DEFINITELY DAMAGE YOUR GRANITE!

It will also eat away at the grout between tiles.

There's a vinegar website that will tell you exactly how & what to usef vinegar on.

• Jeanand Jim Hamilton

What did you use to wipe down the window. Looks like a paper towel

• Vicki Ragsdale

Can I use this cleaner on my automobile too?