Kimberly Cox
Kimberly Cox
  • Springfield, MO
Asked on Jun 5, 2018

Can I use Modge Podge on foam board?

StephanieGarden Up Green - CaroleV Smith
+11

I want to do a wall similar to the one in the photo, using family lake pictures but don't want it to mess up the wall if I don't like it. Foam board would be lightweight and easy to hang and remove when changing things up- unless I love it and it will stay as long as it lasts!! Wasn't sure if Modge Podge would work on foam but I want some sort of seal. Let me hear your opinions!

q can i use modge podge on foam board
  • Johnavallance82

I don't see why Mod Podge would not work.............

• Mary Luhn

It will definitely warp unless you use a spray mod podge.

• Jewell Martin

Absolutely! Use ModPodge to cover the board, attach pictures, and seal the deal! Just don’t get too sloppy with it and use a ribbon or something to bind the edges. ☺️

• Jackie

You could also use a canvas board. It would not warp, it is light and would be easy to hang.

• Janice

Yes it will work just fine on foam board. Great idea for when you want to move it to another area or give to another family member.

Won't harm the foam board at all. Go ahead and use it.

• Emily

Yes, and you can also use Elmer's glue. Not necessary to use more expensive Mod Podge.

• Rowgop (Pam)

Good luck!!

• V Smith

I have found that it doesn't like water based products. I lined the back of my shelving units with wall paper, but I didn't want to make it permanent so I applied it to foamcore. Not a success. In the end I used spray adhesive and everything looks good and is holding up well. I may apply a different wall paper to the back sides so I can reverse the panels.
    On a different note, one Christmas I gave odd shaped gifts and made my own boxes out of foamcore. They were held together with good ol' white glue.
    I would suggest you buy a cheap piece of foamcore ($1 at Dollar Tree) and see how it holds up to the Modge Podge.

• I might do a clear coat matte finish instead of Modge Podge.

• Stephanie

you can buy a 5/pack bundle 48” x 96” of corrugated cardboard sheets at fastpack.net for $15.00 or maybe check Amazon.