I want to put something on my screened porch to give me privacy-Ideas?

+9
I use curtain panels now, but was wanting to use something with visual appeal and interest.
q i want to put something on my screened porch to give me privacy
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jun 05, 2018
    Lots of Macrame hanging Pots with Plants in (Spider Plant etc). or Bamboo poles or Beaded curtains, or Shelves with interesting things displayed?
  • Hi Jan - You have such a lovely view! What kind of curtains and how were they styled? We did this to our screen porch (scroll down towards the bottom) --> https://pinkfortitude.com/porch-oasis/ Good luck! Hugs, Holly
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jun 05, 2018
    Rollup bamboo shades may work.
  • Rymea Rymea on Jun 05, 2018
    Maybe free standing bifold shutter doors
    • Jan Cox Jan Cox on Jun 06, 2018
      That sounds interesting, but I would a couple. I'll have to see where I can purchase screens. TY!
  • Jcraw Jcraw on Jun 06, 2018
    You have a great porch and view and, no doubt delightful breezes. When considering your choices, think about air movement too.

Ikea sells these panels (assorted styles and colors). You buy multiple panels which can be full cover or stack on one side, sort of like Barn Door slider. While they are for interior, I’d think you could spray the slider top for rust resistance, and rainproof the panels with LL Bean spray.

• Sue Sue on Jun 13, 2018
    You could hang beaded curtains, you can get some really pretty ones. Also tubular bamboo ones that have different painted themes, i.e.,Franciscans, sunsets. Also if you are good at drawing/painting you can paint your own theme.
  • Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jun 13, 2018
    you can buy the light beige colored drop cloths and make curtains with those here is an idea of how to do it

5 Easy Steps to Make No-Sew Drop Cloth Curtains. Iron your drop cloth panels. Ugh! Measure. Next, you'll need to measure your window and determine how long you want your panel. Step 3: Hem your panels. Step 4: Attach your hanging clips. Step 5: Hang your panels.

https://www.oursouthernhomesc.com › Project Gallery › DIY

Apr 22, 2013 - While we hung the hardware, I had the drop cloths washing in a normal ... I had this iron on tape already on hand so I decided to skip the sewing machine. ... Drop cloth curtains are a very affordable way to dress your windows.

Jul 27, 2016 - For me personally, one of the best things about drop cloth curtain is that there is nosewing involved at all. Zilch. Nada. They are already ...

Jun 14, 2017 - 2-inch, Set of 30 Metal Curtain Rings with… Be sure to select a drop cloth at least a foot longer in length than you need. This way you can fold over the top of the panel, eliminating the need to sew a bottom hem.
  • Dee Dee on Dec 03, 2020

Drop Cloth tie back curtains. Drops cloths are thick and hemmed on all 4 sides, so you just have to hang them.

• Betsy Betsy on Dec 03, 2020

Hi Jan: You could use some of those bamboo blinds and, if you're crafty, you could paint a scene on it.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 03, 2020

Folks, Jan has asked for ideas other than curtain panels, which she presently has.

• Janice Janice on Jan 09, 2021

You could plant some vining plants eith inside or outside your screened in porch. Add trellises or strings to guide the vines where you want them to vine. Some vining plants like Clematis have beauful blooms during certain times of the year and are perrenials.